Monday, February 25, 2008

Where did you go?


I remember the times when
You and me were together
Where did you go my beloved
Can I not have you back?

Those parks and those slides
How we used to swing against the winds
Those stories and those songs
All faded in the darkness of past

Time heals so they say
But hurt is what it has given me
I want to halt this speeding life
And go back in time to meet you

I call out to you O' my Childhood
Where did you go?
Was it maturity who defeated you
Or was it you who betrayed me?

4 comments:

Parag said...

class!

Anonymous said...

absolute delight to read !

Tapasya said...

"Was it maturity who defeated you
Or was it you who betrayed me?"

Too too good. I loved the whole concept like anything. Childhood loses the battle against youth, and youth, inturn, loses the battle against oldage. Call it time, call it life, call it progression, call it nature...we can do nothing but watch ourselves lose.

Someone's turning into a poet :P

Can't help writing the following:

Time plays out against me,
And with each moment I lose
Something I possessed yesterday,
What I once got to choose

Life is a walk through the roads
Of destiny, of time, and of past
I take a step, move on and lose
All that I thought was going to last

This moment that I live today
Is passing by, is fleeting away
And yet my heart echoes out to me
What lies behind me- my yesterday.

(Poetry is a communicative disease, I must say. Poems breed poems.)

Gandalf said...

@all
Thanks :)
@tapasya
'What lies behind me - my yesterday' ... fantastic :)