Monday, November 26, 2007

Welcome Winter

The sun is hiding behind the clouds. As if he is afraid of the majestic winter.

Finally winter has arrived with a bang in Tucson. There is no sunshine today. I could see faint sun rays, peeking out of the cracks in the clouds. The atmosphere is refreshing.

It is cold out there. Walking on the streets this morning evoked memories of last winter that I spent at various places. A few days in wet and cold Kansas city. Snowy Alta-Sierra in California. Chilling and drizzling days in Sacramento. And of course, first snow of Tucson. Good old days.

I have always loved winter season more than any other time of the year. Most people would disagree with me on this but I really find such mildly sunny atmosphere soothing and pleasant.

Breathing in cool air, enjoying gusto of mild breeze on my face, no other time of the year makes me this happy and cheerful.

Welcome to Tucson, Winter.

4 comments:

Parag said...

yes, winter! i like it too. other than the things you mentioned, i like sleeping late in the morning chill, cosing up in the bed :)

Gandalf said...

I miss those winter Sunday mornings in India where I could extend sleep in morning till so long :)

Tapasya said...

I love winters too!! And I love snuggling itno my pink comforter in Tucson when the daylight pours into my bedroom at 6:30 am...its such a wodnerful feeling...God indeed has created a beautiful world :)

Tapasya said...

And not to forget our uni...those tall(pine??) trees and the pink flowers outside UH...and the small patch of roses that comes along the way to our dept...they all appear so divine in winters!!!