Sunday, October 21, 2007

For you, Father

Today's is papa's birthday. I wrote a little something for him. This is for you papa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For you, father

I look back and think

About cricket, cards and learning math

Those were the days with you, father

I halt in the pace of life and ask

Can I go back in time and live those days again?


You are the teacher of all good things to me

Honesty, Values, Affection and Hard Work

You have been a guide and a friend, father

I take this moment, to thank you

For making me what I am today


Crossing the streets, holding your hand

Climbing on the back seat of our Bajaj

These are the moments, father

I miss them when I look back and wonder

How lucky I have been to be your son


The days are past and childhood gone

You moulded yourself in every stage of my life

To teach me the tricks of life, father

Whatever I am today, I am because of you

Mom and your love has taken me here


Thousands of miles away from you

I stand holding my head high

I thank God silently, father

I thank him for giving me parents like you


Across seven seas away from you

I stand bowing my head low

I pray to you, father

You are dearer to me than any God

With Love

Bhavin

4 comments:

Tapasya said...

Very nice and touching poetry. What we are today is because of our parents, their love and their sacrifices for us. Wish I could have my childhood back.

Tapasya said...

And ya, Happy Birthday to Uncle :) God bless.

Parag said...

Nice, very touching, I could relate to every word of it, even the Bajaj!

thanks.

Unknown said...

very nice.
Happy B'day to uncle.