Friday, May 15, 2009

The D-Day arrives

It's time now. Only a few hours to go. The fate of the politicians and the country is sealed in the boxes. And tomorrow it is going to open up. Some will give pleasant surprises, some will get dejection and despair. If we are to go by the exit polls, most likely scenario is a Govt formed by Congress with support of almost all the rest anti-BJP parties and someone like Sharad Pawar becoming PM. It is to be seen if such a government will be any more successful than past governments like Deve Gowda or I.K. Gujaral. If Congress indeed is able to gather up a larger chunk of seats, we might see repeatation of 2004 with UPA government coming to power under Manmohan Singh's leadership. In any case, the chances of NDA forming government look bleak to me. However, deep down inside my heart, I still have the hope that people of India have made the right decision and chosen L K Advani as the leader of the nation for next five years.

So what will be the expression on your face tomorrow? A smile, a grimace, a frown or complete apathy? (Provivded, you even know what I am talking about tomorrow!)

2 comments:

Soham Shah said...

Dude .. You have the same impression that most of the people have in this country .. Because it has been projected in a very articulate manner by Media to get votes for Congress .. But you know our media very well .. Dont believe that ..

After phase-2, I have somehow got a gut-feeling htat the BJP/NDA has created a wave in its favour .. May be coz of Varun gandhi or coz of Congress giving clean chit to Quattrochi and Tytler and misusing CBI .. I feel that BJP will come out as single largest party and then you know all those idiots who are barking about secularism and all will come and support BJP for Ministerships which we saw in 2004 ..

So I'm hoping for the best .. I can be wrong but I m feeling the heat in favour of NDA ..

All the best buddy !!

Gandalf said...

May your words be true Soham!