Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Devil Programmer

I am self proclaimed devil programmer now ! Look at the following error message which Valgrind (A memory checking tool for C programs) gave me while I was testing one of my programs on it.

==25161== More than 100000 total errors detected. I'm not reporting any more.
==25161== Final error counts will be inaccurate. Go fix your program!
==25161== Rerun with --error-limit=no to disable this cutoff. Note
==25161== that errors may occur in your program without prior warning from
==25161== Valgrind, because errors are no longer being displayed.

Valgrind is definitely not a very amicable tool ;) This message especially is quite hurting to a programmer's false ego !!

I mean can you imagine! Someone can actually write a program with 100000 errors in it ! I have just done it !!!

P.S.
I have yet to find the cause of these problems. I hope I can do that in this birth. Otherwise my soul will wander in eternity, searching for root causes of 100000 errors.

No comments: