Friday, January 04, 2008

Welcome 2008


Five friends
Smooth lounge music
New year eve
Masala Chai
And 'catching up talks' of last one and a half years

What more could I have asked for? Would I have wished for anything different? May be a discotheque, dancing to the tunes of latest hip-hop and rock, flashy lights and strange foreign beauties? Naah... Nothing could have been more perfect than this new year eve.

We went to lounge9 - one of my favorite cafes in Ahmedabad. A relatively quiet and uncrowded place that was an unusual sight on the new year's eve.

This time the celebrations were at their best (or noisiest, most elaborate and craziest) in Ahmedabad. All roads leading to S.G. Highway were flooded with vehicles. (My wounded knee must have cursed me for I had to keep my left foot working on the clutch.) We took a first shot at Lounge9 and it was successful. We got the sofas for ourselves.

There was euphoric celebrations outside the cafe with loud music and lots of fancy fireworks. As Priyanka also mentions in her blog most hilarious sight was Santa dancing to the tunes of Daler Mehandi's 'Kala Kaua Kaat Khayega'. The creators of this mythological character would faint at this sight for sure!

All in all, it was the best new year eve I could have asked for this time.

[Image Source: http://www.skinbase.org/files/archive/shots/271/Happy_New_Year_by_clwoods.jpg]

No comments: